The Centre for Community Partnerships is looking for students to serve on our Student and Alumni Advisory Committee. Applications open until August 14, 2015.
The CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee is comprised of one student co-chair, one staff co-chair and 12 – 15 members that will meet four times per year (Fall, Late Fall, Early Spring, End of Spring). The chair and members will serve a two-year term.
The 2015-2016 meetings are scheduled for the following times:
Friday, October 23, 5:30PM-7PM
Friday November 27, 5:30PM-7PM
Friday, January 8, 5:30PM-7PM
Friday March 11, 5:30PM-7PM
The CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee Members will:
- Provide feedback to the CCP staff regarding programming and direction.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the profile of the CCP (key messages, methods of promoting the CCP to students).
- Consult with members’ constituents regarding challenges, opportunities and accomplishments relevant to the work of the CCP.
- Identify methods of promoting service-learning/community engagement programs and courses broadly.
- Identify methods of reducing barriers to participation in service-learning/community engagement programs and courses.
- Identify key messages to be communicated to students, staff and faculty regarding service-learning, community engagement and community-based learning opportunities.
- Identify specific themes/areas of interest for the year.
The CCP Student and Alumni Advisory Committee will provide input to the Director of the CCP on the following (but not limited to):
- Progress made on each area of the Advisory Board’s mandate.
- New initiatives resulting from the work of the Advisory Board.
- Effectiveness of programs and services offered at the CCP.
- Recommendations for next steps with regard to enhancing service-learning; community engagement; and community-based learning opportunities at the University of Toronto.
Interested in applying?
Send your resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in sitting on the Centre for Community Partnerships Student and Alumni Advisory Committee to Kristina Minnella (Kristina.email@example.com) by August 14, 2015